Saturday 9 February 2013

Rebak Departure

Hi everyone,
After nearly four weeks in Perth I returned to Rebak Island on Wednesday this week. On Thursday the boat was relaunched and went into a pen. Only a small amount of water was entering the cabin so all seems OK for moving on to Phuket for the big repair and refit at Boat Lagoon.

Zen Again Track
I spent Thursday and Friday reprovisioning, stowing and finally clearing out of Malaysia (at Telaga Harbour). In the evenings I joined other cruisers at the Hard Dock cafe. This morning Zen Again departed Rebak Island. Twas sad to leave. We had great times there.

Today's sail was a gentle introduction to solo sailing for me. We (the boat and I) covered 28nm over the ground and 31nm through the water, reaching Ko Terutao in Thailand after 5 1/2 hours. There was a nice wind between the islands but in their lee the wind was very light. We ended up sailing for 2 hours and motor-sailing for the rest.

Sailing the boat increases the leakage of water into the hull so I carried reduced sail for most of the passage. I have to sponge out the bilge every 10-15 minutes when we're under way. I'm sure it would be more often if I sailed her hard. Definitely not going to be doing that!

On the mooring
We are now on a mooring on the north-western side of Ko Terutao in 8m of water at 06 41.860N 099 38.365E. There are three moorings here and they appear to be in good condition. There's one other boat on a mooring and two others are anchored. Most appear to be heading north.
Needless to say, I don't yet have a Thai SIM card so have no mobile phone or internet connection - so no photos as yet.

Trust all's well where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment