A few more jobs ticked off the list over the last few weeks. The most obvious is a nice new headliner in the cabin. The old headliner was the original fitted in 1986, and had seen more than its fair share of tobacco smoke. The new one is made from Laminex AquaPanel and was fitted by Neil the local shipwright.
|New headliner (looking aft)|
|New headliner (looking forward)|
Other jobs completed recently include:
- Fitted new Plastimo Contest 101 compass (20 year old unit was 1/5 full of air)
- Replaced galley sink faucets
- Stripped discoloured foam-backed nylon liner in quarterberth (will fair and paint)
- Fitted coachroof U-bolts for use as jackstay anchor points
- Fitted deadeyes on foredeck for jib furler and MPS downhaul lines
- Removed spinnaker pole mounting brackets (we've decided to ditch the pole)
- Fit locking foot blocks in cockpit
- Fit new Lifeline AGM deep-cycle batteries and associated switches/sensors
- Replace broken galley sea-water footpump
- Order new storm jib to fit on inner forestay furler
Hope all's well where you are!